Posted by Ben Simo
- That's strange.
- How'd you do that?
- It works on my machine.
- I already fixed that. You'll have it in the next build.
- No user would do that.
- That's not how you're supposed to do that.
- It's a data problem. Tell the users to fix the data.
- That's a cool bug! Show me again.
- I didn't touch that code.
- It works as designed.
- It works as coded. [Well, duh. What else would it do?]
- That's not a bug, it's a feature.
- I can't test everything.
- Thank you.
- Don't judge it, just test it.
The difference between the good and bad is often the relationship between developer and tester. Testers need developers to create something to test. Respect your developers. Communicate with respect and help turn the ugly responses into good responses.
As I've heard James Bach say: Testers don't create quality. Developers create quality.
What's your favorite bug report response?